[teacherartexchange] Art Concepts ~ Instruments for Research

---------

From: Paige Baggett (PBaggett_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 14:30:57 PDT

Hi Art Teachers,

This is my first post and I've enjoyed and learned so much from the
discussions I've read this year. Thank you!

I teach art education methods for elementary education majors and I
have a request. I am looking for assessments of basic art concepts (such
as tests on the elements and principles of design) that have reliability
and validity statistics. I am in need of these instruments for
dissertation research purposes to be used in my art ed class for
preservice elementary ed majors.

I would love any advice on where/how to obtain any instruments that
have been developed before I have to develop this myself :-)

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Paige

Paige V. Baggett
Leadership and Teacher Education