[teacherartexchange] New Links added to Incredible Art Department

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 13:28:59 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I have added some new links to Incredible Art Department. I found them
listed in Dr. Craig Roland's Blog.

The Life and Times of Frida Kahlo - PBS site includes a biography,
photographs of the artist, a timeline, selections of her work with
accompanying information, a list of related resources, and educational
guides. (located on Art of Mexico)
http://www.pbs.org/weta/fridakahlo/

Portrait Detectives from East Liverpool Museums - The Walker. Learn
how to look for clues as to who the person is, how they lived and
more. More interactive exhibits using the collections of Liverpool
Museums. (located on Just for Kids)
http://www.diduknow.info/portraits/
More interactives:
http://www.diduknow.info/

National Association of Comics Art Educators site includes articles,
exercises, handouts, and tutorials on creating and teaching comics in
the classroom. (located on Art Games and Lessons)
http://www.teachingcomics.org/

Wild Things - Animals Role in Art From Amarillo Museum of Art.
Examples of animals alone, animals with other animals and animals with
people. See suggested activities with each section. On Animals
Symbolism - Animals in Art page.
http://www.amarilloart.org/kc_wild_things.html

For more sites - check out Craig's blog:
http://www.artjunction.org/blog/
You can click on Web sitings to get all of his posts about web sites.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/