Re: [teacherartexchange] Calculating Chicago Hours

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 07:58:00 PDT

WOW! Do you really have to document every minute? If all you need is 3 more
hours and need documentation, can you stretch some times, such as your
dinners? Did you document speakers? Considering that everything that goes on
at conference really does pertain to personal development you should be able
to count all hours. Our PD runs like this: you can credit your hours that
you attend - so if conference runs from 8:30am to 7:30 pm, I can just count
it like that and turn that total in. However, if we use ideas in our
classroom we turn them in on individual forms. Then, we can turn in another
form for double, then triple the total points if we can show how the lesson
impacted students. So, if I take 3 workshops for 1 hour each, and I plan on
turning those in for further points, I just subtract the 3 hours from the 11
total for the day. I like the new change in our PD because I can now earn 6
hours for a one hour workshop. Anyways, if there is anyway you can
simplify your paperwork I'm sure you can count more time than you have -
heck, you can learn new lesson ideas just by standing in line in the
bathroom!
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids