Re: [teacherartexchange] how many preps

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2006 - 07:46:48 PDT

Every day I prep for 1 elementary class (3,4,5,6 each meet for 45 min. 1x a
week), 1 middle school class, 2 high school classes (one of which is a
distance learning course), 1 web page design class, and 3 primary classes
(K,1,2 - either library or art, depending on the day). If you are new to
teaching it doesn't matter if you prep for 5 classes or 8, it is
overwhelming no matter what. But I have found that once I had most of my
curriculums down, altering my schedule doesn't affect me much. We are on an
8 period day, and no HS/MS teacher has more than one prep period, while
elementary teachers get quite abit more than their contracted 45 min. a day.
I, on the other hand, am not getting my full 45 min prep time - I opted for
being released from extra duties. :-)
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids