Re: [teacherartexchange] Easter Egg Scratchboard "pysanky"

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2006 - 10:23:57 PDT

Dear Trish and all,

Jackie sent me an image I will be putting on Incredible Art Department
- using colored scratch paper. I will be adding other ideas, too.

One new idea would be to do the design with marker or watercolors...
then do the scratch board on the new clear scratch paper. Layer the
scratch design over the colored drawing... OR do any kind of coloring
(like loose wet in wet.... marbling... whatever) and layer the scratch
design over.

I had a coworker who did scratch pysanky and also crayon resist
pysanky designs with elementary. They used their own symbolism.

Experiment using watercolors or markers to color the white/black
scratchboard design.... OR do crayon engravings. Color heavily with
colors you want - brush over with india ink (drop of dish detergent
added)- scratch where you want the colors to show.

Judy Decker