Re: [teacherartexchange] Why did I leave?

---------

From: bkramer(POP) (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 10:56:53 PDT

on 4/5/06 10:16 PM, Maggie White at mwhiteaz@cybertrails.com wrote:

> I'm starting to apply for actual jobs these days. I have "good excuses"
> for leaving my older, previous positions, but what do I say about the MS
> that I fled last year? "Didn't like MS students" doesn't sound too
> good. (This past year I've been subbing and basically taking a
> sabbatical to try and see if I ever wanted to teach again.)
> Maggie
**************************
Hi, Mag.....

IMHO I think it all boils down to "passion". What are you passionate about?
What urges you to seek out a certain group of kids...in your case high
school instead of middle school. Most times you find a "niche" and a
comraderade with a certain level of kids and I think that is where you
thrive and be the best you can be.

I think an administrator would WELCOME someone who is passionate and happy
teaching their level of kids. Not being passionate about a lower level of
kids does not make you a less than perfect teacher...in fact...I think it
makes you a far better teacher because you have the wisdom, knowledge,
awareness, and maturity to know the difference.

To me you sound like a person who know what she wants and is not wishy-washy
or desparate enough to take just any level. I'd hire you in a minute! (grin)
Bunki