[teacherartexchange] Stephen Alcorn Reduction Relief Prints - Heroes

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 09:13:42 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Stephen Alcorn relief prints are a good source for the reduction
process. Sometimes he uses more than one plate for printing - but
often it is one plate.

Check out his portrait prints:
http://www.alcorngallery.com/

Stephen does allow you to show his prints to students via PowerPoint.
He does ask that you let him know. Email address is on the site.

For those of you new to the list.... I wrote to Dr. Martin Luther King
Jr Estate back in January for permission to use his image on my site
and a lesson plan on Incredible Art Department. I have not heard
anything back...... so I have decided to return Stephen's print to the
my page of King resources for my Heroes project:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/r-king.htm

I decided the aesthetics of my page was more important than the wishes
of the King Estate right now.... I will now wait to see if they ask me
to remove his image.

I have not returned the micrography images to the lesson. In time, I
will contact the estate again to see what their decision is on the
lesson plan.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department