[teacherartexchange] NAEA Publications for Students and First Year Teachers

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 08:05:23 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I know these publications have been posted before, but we have many
new members now. National Art Education Association offers these two
publications to help with job interviews - and all of those topics
that come up your first year of teaching. If you are looking for a
job, I would invest the $2.00 (or $3.50 if you are not a members of
NAEA). "Appleseeds" covers all of those first teacher year topics.

ATTENTION STUDENTS & 1st YEAR TEACHERS

NO. 419
"YOUR FIRST JOB INTERVIEW"
By Richard Doornek, with contributions by Kellene Champlin. If you are
seeking an art teaching job in an elementary or secondary school,
these seven pages are very valuable. Advice on your job application,
resume, and letters of recommendation and most important, advice on
your job interview the kinds of questions you will likely be asked,
and what the interviewer hopes for in responses. Also, important tips
on appearance, voice, manner, and attitude.

ISBN 0-937652-55-5
$3.50; Member Price $2.00

NO. 405
"APPLESEEDS"
Virginia M. Brouch, Fanchon F. Funk, Editors. A 44-page brochure for
students and first-year teachers. Contains practical hints and
insights on discipline, motivation, exhibits, attitudes, promoting
art, and more. Advice on questions and problems that arise during the
first challenging year. A must for students and first-year
professionals.

ISBN 0-937652-35-0
$7.00; Member Price $4.00