RE: [teacherartexchange] Why did I leave?

---------

bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 07:27:18 PDT

Maggie, I know you are a great teacher and I think that it is fine to say
that you are not happy with teaching middle schoolers, and you can say that
without hesitation. Some people are great with that (MS) age group and some
are not. You taught at the high school level and were used to it so when
you tried the middle school level it was different and you wanted to go
back. Not a problem. I think that middle school teachers are saints, and
are able to put up with more than I care to and still get fantastic
results. That doesn't have to be everyone. If you want to teach high
school then I think you should explain your position on middle school and
they might think you have made a good choice. I know you can do a great
job at any level, but stick with what you like.

Ken

bicyclken@earthlink.net
http://room3art.com