Re:[teacherartexchange] Pysanky Eggs - How to from Sue Stevens

---------

From: Sue Stevens (suestevens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 18:42:23 PDT

Hi,
A few years ago my school went through an upgrade to the safety systems,
including a new fancy fire system.....
When it came time for Pysanky, it was a concern....but did learn that we
could have 25 candles all burning away in the classroom without much
problem. What we did learn however, was to NOT have the windows open - as
this creates draft in the room, causing the candles to flicker and produce
soot (which would affect the alarms if quanity was produced). We have been
doing Pysanky in two different classrooms in the school for at least 6 years
without problem. We do make a point of letting the custodians and office
know when we are doing it, as the smell of bees wax tends to migrate around
the school....
Sue