Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Pysanky Eggs - How to from Sue Stevens

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 12:03:12 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Sue pdf files will only be online for a couple more days.....

Pysanky symbolism - colors and designs:
This file can be used even with crayon resist egg designs for elementary.

Pysanky Background information and high school project:

Here are photos of her students making Pysanky eggs.

Sue sent me some fine examples that I will get shared soon.

Here are the web resources again:

Posted to Getty list by Linda W:
This has background information,symbolism, design ideas.

Page of Online resources:
Including lesson plan links

Jackie sent me a nice example of a scratch art Pysanky style egg.
Did you know they now have clear scratch art sheets (scratch black
away to clear)? Think of all the possibilities.
I saw it advertised in SchoolArts (I think).

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources

To unsubscribe go to