[teacherartexchange] Pysanky Eggs - How to from Sue Stevens

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 12:03:12 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Sue pdf files will only be online for a couple more days.....

Pysanky symbolism - colors and designs:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Sue-PysankySYMBOLISM.pdf
This file can be used even with crayon resist egg designs for elementary.

Pysanky Background information and high school project:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Sue-PysankyInfo.pdf

Here are photos of her students making Pysanky eggs.
http://www.tvdsb.on.ca/woodstock/art/archives/Archives2003-2004/Grade10Pages/pysankaeggs.htm

Sue sent me some fine examples that I will get shared soon.

Here are the web resources again:

Posted to Getty list by Linda W:
http://www.learnpysanky.com/
This has background information,symbolism, design ideas.

Page of Online resources:
http://www.accentonunderstanding.org/Ukraine/Ukraine%20topics/pysanka.htm
Including lesson plan links

http://www.johnstons.org/roy/pysanky/

Jackie sent me a nice example of a scratch art Pysanky style egg.
Did you know they now have clear scratch art sheets (scratch black
away to clear)? Think of all the possibilities.
I saw it advertised in SchoolArts (I think).

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/