[teacherartexchange] NAEA Publication "Instant Art Instant Culture..." PLUS Job Openings

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2006 - 07:23:55 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

NAEA has republished this popular book by Laura Chapman.

NEW FROM NAEA

Order No. 247

INSTANT ART, INSTANT CULTURE: THE UNSPOKEN POLICY FOR AMERICAN SCHOOLS

By Laura H. Chapman.

Chapman critically examines the reasons for the token educational programs
many schools offer in all the arts, including music, dance, and theater, but
with particular emphasis on the visual arts. She writes with conviction on the
importance of effecting change in attitudes and school practices that actually
prevent many children from studying arts on a regular basis. Chapman devotes
much of the book to providing suggestions for improving school instruction in
the arts.

Among the topics covered are: What should be taught in an arts program and
who should teach it; why a school curriculum should include the arts, sciences,
and humanities as core subjects for all students; how to improve teacher
education programs; what models for change have been suggested by
various panels and federal groups, and how effective they would be.

Order No. 247
Instant Art, Instant Culture:
The Unspoken Policy for American Schools

224 pgs. (Reprinted 2005) ISBN 0-8077-2722-9
$25.00; Member Price $20.00

WEB ORDER FORMS:
http://www.naea-reston.org/publications

I know I posted this before - just never added it to a page in IAD. It
is now listed on the Jobs page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/jobs.htm

Art Teacher Openings - Selected States:

Many popular NAEA publications are listed on the Art Teacher Openings
-Selected States page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/jobs.htm
Dr. Hatfield sends me updates for this page a few times a month. I
don't always post the updates to the list.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources