RE: [teacherartexchange] summer job

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 05:50:24 PDT

Over the years I have done a variety of summer jobs, from teaching at an art
camp, to working in an office as a temp. Early on my experiences at the art
camp (for high schoolers) were very valuable to me as a 'proving ground' for
many of my ideas. I found that the non teaching summer jobs gave me a break,
and I used my mind in different ways, and it didn't feel like I was in
school for 12 months of the year.Also the non teaching jobs gave me new
perspective in terms of what the 'public' expects of teachers and schools.
With college students looking for jobs, and the job market in art
experiences very small, I would recommend getting anything you can at this
point, especially if you need the monetary support, and then for NEXT summer
start either looking earlier, or 'inventing' a summer job for yourself (i.e.
art tutor/babysitter combo, or developing a crafts program at your local
pool--I did that one summer).

San D