Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Art from Literature (K lesson) - Recycled Art Ideas

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 16:42:34 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Is there interest in having a page added to Incredible Art Department:
Art using Children's Literature? If so - send in ideas (with image). I
don't think detailed lesson plans are necessary.

I have added a lesson plan for Jeryl Hollingsworth's "Wild Things":
Lin Altman may have come up with the Wiggly Eye/Monster idea... We
aren't sure who came up with it first. Jeryl just knows she read it

Christine Besack sent me some nice close-up of her "Trash Art" 2005:
Quite from trash - flowers - Bos bird houses and cardboard birds.
Click on links for the close-ups.

Also see Jeryl's assemblages from kindergarteners - imaginary
creatures (as an interdiscplinary lesson with K teacher).

Enjoy this student art.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources