Re: [teacherartexchange] Online teacher resource question

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 10:58:14 PDT

Kathy:

I find that my students are growing by leaps and bounds when they are made accountable for their own learning. Researching, writing, and publishing seems to inspire them to be accountable. Don't you think this is because it lends an air of professionalism to what they are doing? They aren't simply writing papers to write papers, but they are identifying a problem and solving it in a way that contributes to the art education community.

Maybe there is a research project in here for those of us who are involved with teacher prep programs. We can do that in our spare time. ;-)

Pam

=============================
Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education
P.O. Box 6020
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020
928.523.2432
Pamela.Stephens@nau.edu
http://www.cal.nau.edu/art/fac_pages/faculty_s.htm

For art teaching resources and professional development
www.ArtResourcesforTeachers.com

>>I also teach undergraduates (an art methods and materials course for future classroom teachers) I have begun to create writing assignments which could be of general interest to the art education community and require that the work be posted (at present on a listserv and at an art education website.) I found that the students were excited to be "publishing" even in a small way. And there is always a need for good, new web content. Great idea!
  kathy douglas --- <<