[teacherartexchange] Online teacher resource question

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 30 2005 - 10:30:36 PDT

Good morning from Northern AZ!

Seeing Lia's post about her mentorship project inspires me to post for the
first time since the new list became active.

I am revising two senior-level art ed pre-service courses (one this fall and
one in the spring) that will change the delivery to learner-centered,
problem-based, technology-focused. This is a major undertaking, but one that
I think will work well after it is fully implemented. The courses will
collaborate with the campus art museums and my students will select an
artist from the permanent collection to research and then create teacher
resource materials. The resource materials will essentially be comprehensive
art-based units of study. These will be easily downloaded into the student's
electronic portfolios that--as of this fall--will become a requirement for
graduation.

My question to you is this: Would teachers from around the country be
interested in having such resource materials posted so that they could
access them? Master artists in the collection range from Japanese Ukiyo-e to
Native American art objects and just about everything in between including
paintings, prints, quilts, furniture, and sculpture.

Pam

=============================
Pamela G. Stephens, PhD
Northern Arizona University
Art Education
P.O. Box 6020
Flagstaff, AZ 86011-6020
928.523.2432
Pamela.Stephens@nau.edu
http://www.cal.nau.edu/art/fac_pages/faculty_s.htm

For art teaching resources and professional development
www.ArtResourcesforTeachers.com