Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] contemporary artists on the apprentice

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 12:08:38 PDT

anybody watch the apprentice? my teaching partner was telling me about it - last night's episode featured two contemporary artists, romero britto and burton morris to me, britto's stuff is really nifty (and lesson-inspiring!) but i don't understand how morris gets away with ripping off so many images! what do you all think??? i also have become enamored with mark kostabi's work and its lesson-inspring potential - figures with messages. also, on "to the best of our knowledge", a public radio show, there was a fascinating segment about the mona lisa. i don't think its posted on the website yet, but its worth looking out for and listening to when its posted. my last tidbit - i splurged on sirius satellite radio and it is one of the best splurges, ever! car trips are a blast instead of a bore when you can listen to 3 public radio stations, all kinds of
 music, comedy...wheee! and i can log on and listen at school via the internet - there are lots of stations the kids and i both like!
:D wendy free

Do You Yahoo!?