Re: [teacherartexchange] Dali in Phila.

---------

_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 18:06:44 PDT

Hello Patty:
    You are so fortunate to be so close to those wonderful museums! And, of
course, you are right on the money when you say there is nothing like going
to see the "real stuff"!!! I try and travel with selected students every
other summer to Europe and it's the same thing. They don't realize what's
out there until they experience it through their eyes in a real-life,
hands-on situation! Last summer (2004) we visited France (Paris and then
down to the French Riviera, Provence, Eze, Monte Carlo, Cannes, etc...) and
then Italy (Italian Riviera, Assisi, Florence, and Rome). It was a
WONDERFUL, fun, yet very educational trip that we'll all remember! When our
dear Pope John Paul II recently passed away, my travelers could definitely
relate to all the news reports from the Vatican and St. Peter's Basilica
because they had been there! Next summer (and I have 19 students already
signed up!) we're going to France, Switzerland and Germany! I, too, LOVE
to see their reactions and excitement when we visit these very beautiful,
yet historic areas!

BFelsecker