[teacherartexchange] Dali in Phila.

---------

From: Patricia Knott (pknott_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 17:03:31 PDT

Yesterday I took my students to see Dali. They looked forward to this
trip with such anticipation and their reaction did not disappoint. It
was one of the best trips I ever did.
I went with the Spanish honors class and those kids were just as
excited as my art kids. I didn't have to do much work at all. They were
so enthralled and engaged--- they almost answered their own questions.
Seeing the wonder and amazement in their eyes was the best.
Today I showed the images from the museum site and we had a great
discussion on what they saw and missed. I found some things I missed.
Some of the "sexual' stuff was so thoughtfully and tastefully
addressed, well I am just so proud of my kids.

There is nothing like going and seeing the real stuff--- get your kids
out to the museums as much as you can. As much as I hate all the
planning and worry, I'm going to do many more museum trips next
year--- one eye opened is worth a whole year of curriculum.

Patty
respond to: pknott@enter.net