[teacherartexchange] EXCELLENT images for Oaxacan Wood Carving

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 08:05:40 PDT

Dear Teacher Art Exchange,

Here is a site with EXCELLENT images of Oaxacan Wood Carvings. These
are some of finest I have ever seen -- pricey too. Good to show these
as compared to the more crafty ones online (Aesthetic issues in
art/value of art).
http://www.oaxacafinecarvings.com/

Use what Fair Use allows (5 or 6 images) If you want to use more -
email them asking permission. They WILL give permission to Art
Teachers but want to hear from you personally.

Site also has informative articles. This site will be linked up to my
resources for Mexico and on three lesson plans for Oaxacan animals.
I'll try get it added today.

I only link commercial sites now that grant you permission AND have
educational value. Any time you find a commercial site with images you
like - just post it to the list for everyone to see. I look at all
sites you post.

Enjoy "shopping" for inspirational images...Many of the best works are sold.

NOTE: On this Spam Cop/Blacklisted issue. As far as I know this has
only happened to me. If anyone else has had email bounce to list
members with a return that your address/IP is blacklisted or on Spam
report, let me know. I have been "talking" with Teacher Art Exchange
associates on this... I don't think it is widespread. I told them I
would collect information and get back to them.

Teacher Art Exchange staff members DO want to make this better....and
they will listen to you. I feel it is best to email them personally
with issues rather than posting to the list all of the woes. I did
email them - and they answered (and they understand).

Teacher Art Exchange email address is on this page:
http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/guidelines.html

ArtsEdNet email address is on this page:
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/artsednet_faq.html

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department