[teacherartexchange] Velasquez ?

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 05:29:22 PDT

Hi,

The Spanish teacher at our school wants to have the students do some
sort of project about Velasquez (I love this gal!) She has found a book
that tells about the life of his 'slave', Juan de Pareja, which she
plans to read aloud as the students do some sort project. She also
talked of tying character ed. into the whole thing since Velasquez
painted his diverse subjects with dignity. This is for 5th grade.
Any suggestions or ideas? Does anyone know of a webquest created along
these lines?

Jan