[teacherartexchange] Holocaust Remembrance Day is Thursday, May 5, 2005

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 27 2005 - 04:57:43 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I am still hoping someone out there will submit a unit remembering the
Holocaust.... I surfed for hours for quality sites over a year ago....
the lesson never came. I think I added a few sites to my site - but
not too many of them.

From: Jacob Richman - Ed Tech list

Holocaust Remembrance Day is Thursday, May 5, 2005.
I posted on my website 145 links to learn about the Holocaust.
Site languages include English, Hebrew, German, Italian,
Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
All 145 links have been reviewed / checked this week.

The web address is:

http://www.jr.co.il/hotsites/j-holoc.htm

Please forward this message to relatives and friends,
so they can benefit from these educational resources.

We must not forget.

Jacob
I no longer have my list of URLs - but I know how to find them again
if someone submits a unit remembering.... Send unit and an image or
two to any one of my addresses. I will add my own ideas then to your
lesson plan. My ideas were deleted long ago - but I am sure I can find
them again in my head. One idea I had was to tweak my "Segal" figure
lesson (plaster gauze addition) - Kids make the 14" tall figures and a
painted or collage back drop (like Segal installations). These would
be considered as "maquettes" for a larger installation piece.

Regards,

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department