Re:[teacherartexchange] ceramics - ages and emotions about breakage

---------

From: ken rohrer (kenroar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 16:02:05 PDT

That reminds me of the time I was baking clay overnight and in the morning was shocked that the doorknob to the kiln room was hot. After I got in, the heat blasted me. The cone switch had malfunctioned and allowed the kiln to go to dangerous levels. All the clay in the kiln melted- yes, melted. The interior of the kiln was destroyed. I felt so fortunate that a major fire had not occured. The lesson is- even your back-up switch may malfunction. After that, I never cooked anything above low overnight again.

Ken Rohrer