RE: [teacherartexchange] Third year blues or what?

---------

From: Sheridan, Barbara Su (bsherida_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 08:55:28 PDT

For the last few years, I have matched my art shows with concerts in both
band and choir. There is a packed house for these events. This year, our
music director and I placed our themes together and one of my classes
presented a power-point presentation while the choir was singing. It was
moving watching the huge projected images as the 6th, 7th and 8th grade
chorus sang. Many parents commented in positive ways, so we plan to do
this again in our Freedom Concert. I have a few 8th graders sketching,
painting and sculpting before the concerts and call this our example of "art
live." Our local cable station covers these events. I walk through the
art show before the concert describing the art by grade level, media,
concepts, etc.............it works.
Su Sheridan