[teacherartexchange] Art Show Success

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 07:17:06 PDT

Was: Third year blues or what?

Greetings,

I was offended when other staff members called the Art Show "my
show"... it wasn't MY show it was the KIDS' show. It was THEIR day to
shine, not mine. I deliberately put work in the show from students who
had never been in an art show before...and those kids came....brought
their parents, grandparents - you name it. Cameras in hand. Sure, I
put a good share of the "best" kids work in, too.

I had a lot I was planning to say about how we made the Art Show a big deal...
have now decided to add "Ditto to what Cindy said".... Plus... Give
some awards. If anyone is interested in our awards - let me know and I
will write them up in detail. Our awards method worked....it brought
in the kids...and they were thrilled.

Signing off this list (for the most part)....I am VERY tired of having
my mail being reported to Spam cop and being blacklisted. From now on
- I will only write for those who request my help personally off list.

I will continue to post updates to Incredible Art Department on this
list. If any of you want links, my ideas and such - please come over
to one of the Yahoo lists. Address for Art Education is on Incredible
Art Department and the ArtsEducators information is easy to find. I
won't post the addresses here.

Whoever is reporting my email addresses -- I hear you now loud and
clear. I won't lose another email address because of you.

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/