Re: [teacherartexchange] Third year blues or what?

---------

From: Ann Ayers (art304_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 18:48:16 PDT

I think the difference is in the parental support that is always there
for the music programs - "band parent associations," etc.
The visual arts, while quite visible, are usually just that - visible.
There usually aren't parent groups specifically for art, no one to
"toot our horns" and vocalize how wonderful art is. We have no parades
or football game performances. While we do exhibits (and centerpieces,
and posters, etc.) mostly we are "passive" - meaning that we don't
make a lot of noise (literally) - while parent groups might be a
hassle, it might be a good idea for us to get some started - at least
they could help with publicity and fund raising.... just my thoughts.
ann

http://www.pinwheelsforpeace.com