[teacherartexchange] I'm a happy art teacher!

---------

From: Leah Rachlis (leah_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 08:06:39 PDT

I am so happy to have the Getty list back - and to be able to have the
digest format! I trust that some of the HTML issues will work themselves out
with time.

I just wanted to share my day long trip to Art Teacher Heaven - Last week I
had reason to fly to NYC for a reunion of sorts, and when none of my old
playmates wanted to skip work and visit - I took myself to the Metropolitan
Museum of Art, somehow I attached myself to an elderly docent, who was
giving a personal friend a private tour! Oh MY! what a joy, to listen and
listen and listen to someone so knowledgeable (and so kind as to tolerate my
intrusion).

My high school (art history) students dutifully tolerated my slide show and
obsessive ramblings about my trip - from here in Colorado, I might as well
have gone to the moon! I want to encourage anyone with in 500 miles of NYC
to make the trip - what a treasure it is - to see the real thing, up close
and personal - and how I took it all for granted when I lived there. So GO!
Send us postcards! but GO! enjoy, look for my friendly docent - what a
treat!

Leah (in the boonies!)

---