[teacherartexchange] Excellent site for Ancient Egypt -Art and Culture

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 10:06:14 PDT

Greetings List Members,

Here is a "new-ot-me" site for Egypt.
Eternal Egypt
http://www.eternalegypt.org/
Site is in English, French and Arabic

There is SO much to see on this site. I feel middle
school and up can easily navigate the site to explore.
Upper elementary may need some guided practice
(reading level is too advanced for elementary).

Site is an interactive way to get to know the amazing
stories of Egyptian Civilization. You can navigate
your way down the Nile map, or see events of Egyptian
history chronologically in Timesline. Spend some time
in Multimedia to view virtual tours of famous places,
look at 3-D views of artifacts (need to have
Shockwave), visit library - view specific topics of
interest and more. See how artifacts relate in
Connections. I enjoyed visiting some of the various
museums, too - selections from collections are online
for you to see.

From the site:

"The Eternal Egypt web site includes an unprecedented
experience of high-resolution images,
three-dimensional reconstructions of Egyptian
monuments and antiquities, as well as
virtually-reconstructed environments, panoramic
images, and panoramic views of present-day Egypt
captured by robotic cameras located from the top of
Karnak Temple to the streets of Old Cairo. An
innovative, interactive map and timeline will guide
Eternal Egypt visitors through Egypt's cultural
heritage, while a "context navigator" presents the
complex relationships between objects, places and
personalities of Egypt's past in a unique, web-like
display."

This site will be added to my page on Ancient
Civilization.

Enjoy your trip!

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department