Re: [teacherartexchange] reading and art

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 09:33:09 PDT

In a message dated 4/23/05 6:39:06 PM, deanna_lopez@hotmail.com writes:

> So, I try to take dictation, though getting around
> to 25 pupils is not easy. They especially like when I type up their words on
> the computer using a large font and print them out. Then I post their words
> next to their art and they try to read what they said

Deanna: this is wonderful, and worth every bit of the effort you must put
forth. What is art, but ideas, and the ideas of children are exciting,
compelling and worthy of attention. The ideas of young children always far outstrip
their budding fine motor capacity, and so by capturing and applauding these
ideas you encourage more ideas. You are also teaching the parents of these
young artists to appreciate the ideas and their expression--an appreciation
lacking in a large part of the adult population. Welcome to Getty: Keep up the
great work!
kathy douglas
http://knowledgeloom.org/tab