[teacherartexchange] fruit/veggies in crayon

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 09:12:19 PDT

http://www.twistedbunny.com/paintings_tart.cfm

nifty, fun style; some may wish to avoid because of
alcoholic drinks sub. matter. we had good discussions
on moderation vs. excess and abuse...

and the crayon artist, again - his website is updated

http://www.jeffreyrobert.com/default.asp

used photo refs from garden catalogs, cooking
magazines, snapshots - emphasized using fruit/veg.
subj. as starting point and coming up with associated
images, as with the banana birds (peel becomes wings)
and puffer fish (inspired by lychee shell and
breadfruit skin textures). encouraged students to
play with and morph imagery - ie watermelon/apple/sun
combo, face comp - and to think about things their
fruit/veg was made into... feel like the tori siegel
paintings led to a strong sense of focusing on design
qualities and patterns. we all love working with
crayons, even tho' we're hs!

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos go to "ehs
fruit"

:D wendy free