[teacherartexchange] How TAB Choice works for a Middle School Teacher

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 24 2005 - 07:42:22 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Cynthia Gaub has turned to TAB Choice as a way to keep
her middle school students motivated. She has a unique
situation in that her classes are multi-age. Providing
choices will keep her students from having to complete
the same teacher-directed lessons from year to year.
Cynthia has provided some teacher directed lessons as
well. She has a nice balance.

Browse what she has online so far (more to come):
http://thevirtualclassroom.org/art/Centers/centers.html

I have already added some of her good ideas to pages
on Incredible Art Department (with her permission).

Collage People/Dolls has been added to paper dolls
page (like minds here!...I still need to write up the
plan for mine)

Hands Identity has been added to the hands page and
self portrait page (like minds - Jeryl submitted that
idea too).

To find out more about TAB Choice:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/TAB-CHOICE.htm

Stop by the Yahoo list for TAB Choice Art Educators
(link on my page)

Cynthia's Virtual Classroom will be featured on
Spotlight on Student Art next month. If you would like
your school to be featured in an upcoming month, let
me know.

Regards,

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department