RE: [teacherartexchange] ceramics - ages and emotions about breakage

---------

From: Leslie Miller (zandeerae_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 07:26:01 PDT

Kathleen,
I did ceramics with Kindergarten and up. I've also worked with preschoolers.
There's nothing like watching their joy, or containing my joy at watching
them work with clay. Of course some try to taste. . That calls for good
monitoring.
I did, once, melt a kiln of second grade treasures. We all looked in the
kiln. There I was crying over the tragedy and the second graders telling me
not to worry, we could make more. So much for older kids handling the crisis
better than little ones.
Les

Leslie A.Miller
ORIGINAL PAPERCUTS