Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: [teacherartexchange] ceramics - ages and emotions about breakage

From: Leslie Miller (zandeerae_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 23 2005 - 07:26:01 PDT

I did ceramics with Kindergarten and up. I've also worked with preschoolers.
There's nothing like watching their joy, or containing my joy at watching
them work with clay. Of course some try to taste. . That calls for good
I did, once, melt a kiln of second grade treasures. We all looked in the
kiln. There I was crying over the tragedy and the second graders telling me
not to worry, we could make more. So much for older kids handling the crisis
better than little ones.

Leslie A.Miller
Fountain Street Studios
59 Fountain Street, #36