RE: [teacherartexchange] NAEA

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 08:49:49 PDT

Sorry to say I haven't been to the NAEA conference - but have been to plenty
national science and math -
each presenter turns in a copy and the Kinkos or whatever is in the
conference center has them - you can ask for copies of handouts whether you
attended the session or not - pay the fee and pick them up later. I also
loved the mailing service set up - anything you collected during the
conference could be shipped from the facility - no carrying anything -
Ellen

NAEA Convention ... publication containing handouts that
presenters wish to share that you can purchase (for a
reasonable fee). This would be available for members
and non-members both (maybe a higher price for
non-members?)

A good number of professional scientific conferences work like this: session
presenters are actually presenting "papers" and the proceedings of the
conferences are then available in published format. Of course the huge size
of the NAEA conference and the diversity of subject matter and quality of
presentations makes this unwieldy, but I think that it is something to
consider in some manner. I always appreciate getting the texts of the
keynote speeches after the conferences and wish that they would come much,
much sooner ( I would gladly pay extra for the timely arrival of these
documents and am _very_ anxious to read Eisner's speech, as I did not take
proper notes in Boston)

Kathy Douglas