Re: [teacherartexchange] NAEA

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 08:22:55 PDT

In a message dated 4/22/05 10:20:47 AM, jdecker4art@yahoo.com writes:

> NAEA Convention ... publication containing handouts that
> presenters wish to share that you can purchase (for a
> reasonable fee). This would be available for members
> and non-members both (maybe a higher price for
> non-members?)

A good number of professional scientific conferences work like this: session
presenters are actually presenting "papers" and the proceedings of the
conferences are then available in published format. Of course the huge size of the
NAEA conference and the diversity of subject matter and quality of
presentations makes this unwieldy, but I think that it is something to consider in some
manner. I always appreciate getting the texts of the keynote speeches after
the conferences and wish that they would come much, much sooner ( I would
gladly pay extra for the timely arrival of these documents and am _very_ anxious to
read Eisner's speech, as I did not take proper notes in Boston)

Kathy Douglas
http://knowledgeloom.org/tab