[teacherartexchange] What NAEA has to offer - send needs to me off list

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Apr 22 2005 - 07:20:05 PDT

Greetings Teacher Art Exchange,

Thanks Lia and Christine for your posts about NAEA
(National Art Education Association).

From Lia:

There are many advocacy things there that would be fun
to post in a central place where parents and students
can see them. Good to know that NAEA is letting some
of that stuff go to the public.

From Christine:

NAEA is about helping Art Educators. Whether you are a
member or not, their info has always been available
"to the public" .

NAEA will be revamping their site - lauching a new
look this summer
http://www.naea-reston.org/

Go to the site a look around....See if what you are
looking for is available...If not, drop me a line. I
will compile all of your needs and get them sent to
NAEA. I can not guarantee that they will be able to do
all that you wish to see - but at least it will give
them feedback on what YOU would like to see added.

Send your wishes/needs for the site to me
( jdecker4art@yahoo.com ). I will collect them and put
in ONE email to send on to NAEA. I doesn't matter to
me if you are a member or not.

One suggestion that was made a while back was to put
NAEA Convention handouts on the site for folks to
download. I will not suggest this. What I might
suggest is a publication containing handouts that
presenters wish to share that you can purchase (for a
reasonable fee). This would be available for members
and non-members both (maybe a higher price for
non-members?)....as many conference goers don't have a
chance to grab handouts from sessions they attend.
Publication would become available sometime AFTER the
conference. The idea is alway to encourage more to go
to the conference and experience it first hand. I know
economic/time restraints keep many from going.

NOTE: There are many things folks do at NAEA on their
OWN time to serve you better.

Regards,

Judy Decker
jdecker4art at yahoo.com