Re: [teacherartexchange] Gender diversity in elementary art ed?

---------

From: Jenny Watlington (pritchard1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 20 2005 - 16:58:29 PDT

I really see 3rd grade and up boys drawing "battles" ten to one over the number of girls drawing the same thing. Perhaps it is societal, but I would still consider a gender issue.
    Try an experiment, show 10 artworks, and ask for their deep down honest response, have them chart the results, and note any differences. I would like to hear what you find out.

    Peter