[teacherartexchange] If your lessons aren't working? Consider TAB Choice

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Apr 20 2005 - 08:40:50 PDT

Greetings Teacher Art Exchange,

Thanks Kathy for posting Carolyn's Blog. I enjoyed the
work.

TAB Choice is growing (Teaching for Artistic
Behavior). If students don't seem to be motivated to
do your lessons - maybe it isn't the kids? It could be
your lesson. TAB CHOICE MOTIVATES. I have updated the
page on Incredible Art Resources for Choice Based Art
Education:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/TAB-CHOICE.htm

I won't bore you with my own philosophy on how my
classroom was also "Choice" - my ways worked for me
and my students. I wrote one lesson plan that was neat
and tidy for the administrators (and to save me time
writing)....but a whole lot more was going on in my
classroom. I never wrote down all of the lessons I was
teaching.

The link for the Yahoo TAB Choice list is on my page
if you want to check in and see how TAB Choice is
working for other teachers.

Regards,

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department