Re: [teacherartexchange] Sculpture lessons

---------

From: gail kizis (smokealarm7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 21:31:02 PDT

so far this year in my regular ceramics class we have done:

rattles
3 part pinch pot (3pinch pots combined into an organic form)
coil cylindrical vases
5 part slab box form
wind chimes (with a theme as the design "decider")
inside/outside box (how they feel about themselves vs how they feel the world sees them)
homage throne to an idol of theirs

advanced ceramics
mostly a lot of self directed exploration but we started with
fairy tale teapots
then went to musical instruments - horns and drums with stretched goatskin drumheads
lots of wheel thrown cookie jars, vases, series of 3
now they are in a greek mode and have made helmets and masks and some african masks
we are finishing up with lanterns of some sort and more cylindrical vases .
they are so funny, we went to art museums in fort worth where they saw greek and african bowls and platters and now they want to make these masks and helmets.
each of the 13 advanced students is doing something different.
i LOVE this class. they are so excited about what they are working on and it makes it so fun for me.
best wishes and hang on till the end
nancy in north texas