Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Portraits with Attitude (HS) - more portrait ideas

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 21:10:07 PDT

Judith Decker wrote:

> If you have done successful self portrait/identity
> lessons you would like to share, send them my way and
> I will add them.

I've used Bunki's gridded self portraits with my HS students, using
Craypas or Nupastels.
They were outstanding. I have also combined the same idea with Ken's
Cubism lesson. The most memorable was a troubled girl whose s.p. looked
like a shattered mirror when she was done. It won a blue ribbon in the
regional show. It was an extremely powerful and revealing look at her
psychological makeup. I'm glad I have a slide of it. The girl was
killed--driving drunk--last year.

To unsubscribe go to