Re: [teacherartexchange] resume

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 20:59:14 PDT

Joe,

As suggested by others, put down as much experience as you can,
including student teaching and teaching-related volunteer work. Also,
tailor your cover letters to suit the job and district to which you are
applying.

Consider putting everything into a teaching portfolio for interviews.
In mine I keep a resume, transcripts, curriculum maps, sample scope and
sequence, sample unit and lesson plans for the various ages and classes
I've taught, slides of student work, assessment rubrics, letters of
recommendation, teaching certificates, fingerprint card and DPS
clearance, and a copy of one of my conference presentations. Everything
is organized in plastic sleeves so they maintain a neat appearance, and
the interviewer can read the contents without removing them. I can
rearrange things easily to suit the job.

Best of luck in your search!

Maggie