[teacherartexchange] How to write a resume - cover letter

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 04:55:52 PDT

Greetings Joe,

Best wishes for your job hunt. There are jobs out
there for those willing to look and maybe relocate.

There is a lot of help on line for your topic:
http://www.goggle.com/search?Hal=en&q=how+to+write+a+resume&bang=Goggle+Search

My advice is to have something to put in the resume.
Get involved with volunteer experiences with children
- teaching art at a local art resource center might be
good. Maybe do some after school teaching in an
underprivileged area. How about getting some lesson
plans "published" - Send me some of your lessons and I
will put them on Incredible Art Department. Do
something that sets you a a part for all of the other
applicants.

Make your cover letter more specific for the school
youare writing it to. Youcan have some general
information iin it - but also gear the letter to the
school/psotiion you are applying to.

I would be happy to look over your resume and cover
letter when you get it done and give you suggestions
on how to improve it (send them OFF LIST to me - my
address below - or copy address from above)

Regards,

Judy Decker
jdecker4art at yahoo.com

Incredible Art Department