Re: [teacherartexchange] school accreditation and art teacher positions from wendy free

---------

From: Anonymous (teacherartexchange_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 15:43:54 PDT

In Kansas you have to achieve 8 of the 11 items required by the state. Highly Qualified Teachers is one of these items, so if you have a teacher who is not HQ then the district loses one point. Having a graduation requirement of one Fine Art credit is one that can be done by having students take band, vocal, drama, or visual art. So the challenge is to make sure that your program is popular with the students, and that you promote the learning that takes place in your room. Since all teachers are accountable for teaching reading and math, I make sure that my administrators know that I do teach these subjects within my curriculum.
  i head a rumor today that our district is considering not having our schools accredited by SACS (we're in FL), possibly in an attempt to avoid the requirement of schools needing a certain number of electives teachers in specific areas...like art teachers! anyone else had any experience with this type of thing?
  /unsubscribe.html