Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Excellent Article - Parent and Child Magazine

From: Anonymous (teacherartexchange_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 07:57:06 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Ellen Sears shared this with ArtsEducators list.

Scholastic has a magazine called Parent & Child -
there is an article in the April/May issue called "How
Kids Learn Through Art" - compares writing and drawing
development - here is what the cover looks like if you
see it around your building

Here is the article on art and writing - there is also
an article on drawing and writing (stages of

From Judy: There is a "silly" online activity that
might spark a lesson - I am thinking flip book with
wacky animals dresses in all sort of costumes and fun
patterns. Online lesson has kiddles color animal with
underwear. If anyone wants to hear how to turn this
into a flip book lesson, email me off list. See more
activities online to develop writing skills.

Pass this on to anyone who may find it useful.

Ellen has been a valuable contributor to Getty list -
but for some reason can not get her address
subscribed. Until she gets on - I will post her

Judy Decker
jdecker4art at

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources