[teacherartexchange] stretched canvas for watercolors qs from wendy free

---------

From: Anonymous (teacherartexchange_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 17 2005 - 20:15:48 PDT

anybody using it? at this point i'm thinking of it
just for me. so far i've only seen it made by
fredrix. best price seems to be
http://www.jerrysartarama.com/art-supply-stores/online/3865
at least for the large size i'm looking at (24X36).
any opinions on uncovered/unglassed watercolors (vs.
traditionally framed, with respect to longevity,
fading issues...)? anyone use any type of fixative
for uncovered watercolors? this option seems very
attractive from the standpoint of saving $ on framing,
large sizes available, and supposed lack of buckling
(right now i use the 300 lb paper, although it is cold
press and the canvas stuff looks a lot more textured.
also wonder about its whiteness/brightness).

thanks,

wendy free