Re: [teacherartexchange] Behavior Management Plan Advice

---------

From: Anonymous (teacherartexchange_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Apr 17 2005 - 15:47:32 PDT

When I first started teaching I let the students talk to each other and
interact during class. I found the noise level will go up and out of control if
you do not set boundaries and basically rehearse what is an appropriate level
for you and your room. I was strict in the beginning and allowed minimal
talking and complimented the class on using inside voices...etc. I also
reminded them that talking was a privilege not a right. Abuse of privilege made it
simple to take it away. You are the teacher and remember not all students
work well with a lot of talking going on.

Just my opinion.
Darlene in Seoul