[teacherartexchange] Dali in Phila. (from Patty)

---------

From: Anonymous (teacherartexchange_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 16:10:57 PDT

A few have mentioned the Dali show and how great it is -- well put me
on the bandwagon!
I just got home from viewing. It took me over 3 hours and that was
quick; my brain just couldn't process anymore.
I must admit I have never been a big Dali fan. But my AP students
wanted desperately to to see this and I am taking them in a couple of
weeks. I went today to preview the show and to try to match their
enthusiasm.
This is such a great show in seeing the evolution of process and ideas.
I've come away with a whole new regard for Dali.

I can't wait for my kids to marvel in the technique and revel in the
concepts.
Yep, change is hard. I changed some thinking today about Dali and my
head is agog.
I often tell my students that viewing art first hand is the toughest
visual work. If you truly respond to the questions the artist asks,
your head will spin and you will be physically exhausted. Good artists
make your head work. All I could do when I got out of the exhibit was
eat and shop. And now I'm home, sitting and processing and reflecting
on how Dali made me change and ready to eat again.

If you are anywhere near Philadelphia you must see this show. I didn't
know that he was doing "Pop" before the pop artists. The end of the
show includes pieces that I had not seen
and I made that hard change in my thinking and respect for Dali.

Thank god we have museums
Patty
respond to: pknott@enter.net