[teacherartexchange] Please edit your replies - "snip" posts - and html posts (digest users)

---------

From: Anonymous (teacherartexchange_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 14:55:05 PDT

Dear Teacher Art Exchange Members,

This is not something I noticed myself as I read in
Mailwasher...But two list members have brought it to
my attention that the entire digest is being resent in
some posts and in other cases, entire long posts are
repeated. Apparently, the Lyris command to keep the
repeated message to twenty lines is no longer being
used.

Try to include only a short snippet of the previous
post.

I can guarantee, someone from Getty IS reading these
posts from us now. I am sure they are aware of all of
this dialog on the format of the list. They have
"listened" before and made changes. Please don't give
up too soon.

I want this new list to work - for everyone. I have
volunteered to write a snail mail letter sharing our
thanks and concerns. Please don't everyone email
complaints/concerns to Getty as we may lose this
service.

They do have one new Lyris command that I found out
about....Lyris will not accept a No subject" post.
Yahoo glitched on me and sent a post by mistake that I
wasn't finished with - Lyris rejected it.

If anyone has a concern they would like to share, send
it to me OFF LIST (jdecker4art@yahoo.com ). I will get
a snail mail letter sent. I worked hard in the past
save Getty list... I will continue to do so. Please do
not view this as being "controlling" in any way. I
just want to insure we don't lose this service.

On the code appearing in digest....this is because
members are sending in html instead of plain text.
There isn't anyway for them to fix that glitch, so
digest users will simply have to scroll on by posts
that are made in html. If more would post in plain
text, it would be easier for digest users.

Regards,

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/