[teacherartexchange] Change is Hard

---------

From: Anonymous (teacherartexchange_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 13:52:39 PDT

These changes are very different, and we all know how people don't like to change. Personally, I am excited about the change. It means everyone starts fresh, on equal footing. Gone are the "cliques", gone are the "leaders". Hopefully, some of the lurkers may feel comfortable creating a post now and then - and then when confidence blooms they may begin to sign their names.

When Yahoo changed the way they ran their groups almost all of my groups complained about the changes. The biggest drawback I see now is the ability to not block certain users. I personally don't want a personal response to EVERY post I make. If you have an appropriate response to someone's post, share it with the list - that way everyone can benefit. Because I can now post anomously does not mean I will cease being a professional.

I do worry that this list is going to soon be dumped. A month ago there were SEVERAL complaints about the spam. Getty took these complaints and protected us. They spent time and money trying to do something postive for us (and remember, this is a FREE service to us), and in less than 24 hours people are unhappy with those changes. It will be vital to post appropriate subject lines, but truthfully, do people REALLY read only the posts by certain people?

Sign me -
Hoping for change