Re:[teacherartexchange] accountable from Sharon ~ NJ

---------

From: Anonymous (teacherartexchange_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Apr 16 2005 - 12:44:49 PDT

I, too, will give it another week. Perhaps I will try to stay a member
and have no delivery and just try the archives. This way I won't have
the memory eating up with posts I would like to save except there is
the whole digest included. It doesn't matter how many times people are
reminded they will still forget to delete them. We have enough to do
to just get our thoughts on a post and send. Even with the archives I
will have to wade through too much to get the MEAT! I am sure there
are advantages to the new setup but I haven't experienced it yet. I
was so looking forward to "New & improved" and being back in touch!

I have said many times that my spam was not increased and the 20+ I get
every morning are easily recognized and deleted.

What I will miss however, are posts from people who are not on the list
who did research and found something I wrote who had questions or
posted. The best was the grandmother in Oklahoma who was researching
advocacy because the local School board decided to eliminate the arts
in grade school. She presented something I wrote to the board and they
were persuaded to continue the Art in elementary. She wrote to say
thanks. If I am an anonymous I would not have had the pleasure of
knowing. I have had students from 30 years ago find my name on the
list when doing research and send me a note.

Trade off.

I can't believe how upset I am over this! To think that I will leave
this list after so many years. I feel like I am grieving for friends
and family and giving up a source of opinions which have made me
rethink many of my positions and viewpoints.

I just can't deal with the extra work it will take to get the
Information I want and with the huge posts that are coming in with only
a small amount of new information attached to previous posts or digest.

Sharon ~ NJ