I agree with the previous "tips" for interviewing.
Also you may be asked -
- Professional oragnizations you belong to - NAEA and your state chapter.
- Have you written successful grants?
- National Board Certified?
- Use of technology? Computer lab, smart board, etc.
- Philosophy of Education
Also, you should have questions for the interviewer.
- Budget for art department?
- Number of classes in each grade level? (elementary)
- District Arts Curriculum Guidelines
- See facilities?
Hope some of this helps.
Good Luck to you.
LaDonna Dixon, NBCT
Visual Art Teacher
Round Top Elementary
803-691-8676 x. 3304
"They won't care how much you know,
until they KNOW how much you CARE."
>>> "Anonymous" <email@example.com> 04/15/05 9:58 PM >>>
I have been an art teacher for 20 years and I need some advice.
I have not interviewed for a position since I started teaching but I have
found myself in a situation where I may need to do so (long story). I am curious
about what question I may encounter in today's interviewing session.